Montag, 26. November 2012

Orly - Iron Butterfly

A while ago, I bought a couple of Orly polishes from a German online store that had a sale going on. Among those polishes was Orly Iron Butterfly from the Metal Chic collection. This collection consists of three matte metallics and it was Iron Butterfly that initially caught my eye. For a mere 5 € it had to be mine.

When they had finally arrived, I felt like doing a gradient mani with Iron Butterfly, a very dark grey, and its sibling Glam Rock, the coppery colored equivalent. The polishes are both unique in my stash. I love how they transform their looks when you apply topcoat!

Anyway, there's not much to add about doing a gradient, so here are a couple of pictures.



To add a little extra, I dabbed on some Nubar 2010 as well. Sadly, I went in a little too far, I think. I didn't want half the nail to be covered in Glam Rock... I love how Nubar 2010 shifts on the nail though. In case you're wondering, I added some topcoat to make it shiny. I liked it better that way. Aside from that, both Orly's were very nice to work with. They dry quickly, but not super fast, so you have a liiittle bit of time to correct application.



What do you think about this? I really like gradients. They're easy to do, are not very time-consuming and still look fabulous. Nice for those days when you don't want to smell polish/polish remover a lot...

13 Kommentare:

  1. I love the result, and don't think you went too far - gorgeous!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I def do like it *_*

    And its totally perfect for fall :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Iron Butterfly ist doch immer wieder schön. Ich glaube, ich sollte ihn mal wieder tragen (und endlich mal posten) ;o).

    Liebe Grüße,
    Elena

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Schaut klasse aus, die Farbkombi und das Finish gefallen mir sehr gut :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Lovely! I love gradient nails for the exact same reasons. Easy to do and the result never fails to impress!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. WOW! I love it .. and i love you'r blog!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. das sieht ja wirklch toll aus :)
    gefällt mir richtig gut :)
    <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Das Design sieht echt gut aus!! Einfach hamma!
    LG

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Sehr schön. Ist doch eh richtig weihnachtlich mit dem Schimmer :)
    & Nein, ich habe keine Fotobox sondern einen supertollen weißen Tisch im Bad, auf den ich ein weißes Blatt gelegt habe. Für Nageldesigns benutze ich nur den Tisch als Hintergrund.

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...