Freitag, 14. September 2012

LDTTWC Day 2 - It's vintage, darling!

Today, I would like to show you the next mani I have done for the "Let's Do The Time Warp" Challenge. Since I have somewhat cheated with my last mani, I decided to do something rather classic for this one.

If I think of vintage, the theme for Day 2, I think of pretty 20s jewelry, dresses and architecture. I did some picture research and decided to go with the jewelry theme. My inspiration was a bracelet with gemstones and filigree silver work in the art deco style. I really like this style... and the one it derives from, art nouveau, which is a distinct feature of my hometown.




This is basically a rather simple mani. I used three different polishes only. The black base is essence black is back and the red Milani Foxy Lady. I painted my filigree using essie No Place Like Chrome and a striper brush. I starting to use those stripers a lot lately. Maybe I should invest in a good quality one sometime soon. Can anyone recommend a brand to me?

When I painted the silver filigree stuff, it was one of those times when I wished polish would dry slower. The essie polish was rather quick drying and I think I wasted a lot because I couldn't draw fast enough, hehe. Not, that I will ever finish this bottle anyway...

What do you think? Does it look art deco to you?



6 Kommentare:

  1. These nails are so gorgeous! I love the filigree on the black!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. It's WOW, so great, it's wonderful, and so well painted :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Completely perfect! Definitely looks like decals! I love your freehand stuff so much <3

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I wish there had been decals :D I would have used them immediately :P Thank you for the compliment though!

      Löschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...