Freitag, 10. August 2012

The Lazy Days of Summer 7: Dotting Tool Summer Fun

Hi again~

now that I finished the setup of my new notebook, there not much reason to not work on my pictures. Especially while I'm on vacation this week. (Not doing what I was planning on doing once again...)

There's not much to say about today's manicure, which happens to be No.7 of my Summer Challenge. The challenge item this time was my beloved dotting tool. I didn't really plan anything for this mani... not after my pool party mani. It just had to be something easy. All the pictures were taken after one day of work. Please overlook the tipwear...


There was not much thinking for my choice of colors either. I just happened to get a package with my last order from Orly that day and picked two of the colors, Viridian Vinyl and Purple Pleather.  Those two plus a random white from my stash, I think it was a Color Club. I finished it with a coat of essence BTGN Top Sealer, so the special Orly finish's gone. Like it better all shiny anyway.


One of my drops flooded into my cuticles... But aside from that, I'm quite pleased with my drop layering. On my left hand, I used Viridian Vinyl as my base, and Purple Pleather as an accent nail. I did my right hand the other way around.


At work, one of my colleagues commented that it reminds her a lot of Nazar, the eye-shaped amulet to protect against the evil eye. I can see where she's coming from, but to me a Nazar is blue... which would have been pretty too.

With this mani, I finished the first half of the Lazy Days of Summer Challenge. I'm slowly catching up! :D I finished another three of the themes, so I have four more to do. Let's see if I can finish them while I'm on vacation!

What do you think of this mani? Does it remind you of a Nazar too?

And here's the list of participants:


7 Kommentare:

  1. Those are some spot-on dots, well done! Really like those colors together too :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Sometimes... not thinking while doing nail art proves to be successful too... though not very often :D

      Löschen
  2. Wow, that's gorgeous! I really really like the colours, and how do you get those different-sized dots? Do you have different-sized dotting tools and if so, where did you get them from? :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I actually used two different sizes, but they were on the same tool. I have a set of dotting tools that has a total of ten different sizes. You certainly don't need as many, but it's cheap, so why not. I got it of ebay... probably the cheapest set out there. :)

      Löschen
  3. die nägel sehen ja wundervoll aus!
    ich bin begeistert :)
    <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. These kind of remind me of eyeballs. And I'm not afraid to say it, eye like it :) (oh yeah, I went there)

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...