Donnerstag, 9. August 2012

The Lazy Days of Summer 6: Pool Party

 Hello~

so much for "tomorrow"... :D
Anyway, here's the sixth manicure from the Summer Challenge! The theme was pool party and this was one of the themes for which I knew what I wanted to do from the beginning. I actually did several attempts until I was somewhat satisfied. I love the sun's reflection on (pool) water, so this is what I tried to recreate. Easier said than done in my case. Mostly, my "reflections" didn't look like reflections at all. Maybe like a chessboard...


This is my best attempt. I probably applied the layers of polish too fast, so there's some bubbling going on, but for this mani... hm, not all that bad. It somewhat fits in.


First of all, I applied two coats of Nicole by OPI Blue Lace. I sponged a little bit of Kiko 386 and essie Trophy Wife to give it some more depth. Using white acrylic paint, watered down a lot, and a fine striper brush, I painted thin white lines to recreate the sun's reflection on the slightly moving water. The white is still very bold even when watered down, so I finishes by one coat of p2 blue horizon. This turned the white somewhat light blue and gave the base color Blue Lace a blue hue.


Well, even though I really loved that my reflections somewhat looked like reflections, this mani still didn't see the end of the day. I had tried this mani too often to wear it. I moved on with the challenge the very same day, hehe.


What do you think? Do you think this can pass as sun-on-water-reflections or do you have to think of a chessboard too (like my parents)?

And here's the list of participants:

12 Kommentare:

  1. My first thought was water pool! Really very good successful design!
    I love it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I could see it's water reflection!!
    I'd tried myself but didn't go well ever, you're great :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! Means a lot to me coming from you :)
      You don't want to know just how often I tried though xD

      Löschen
  3. Oh my god it's so realistic! I really like it, dunno what your parents are talking about =P

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. That was actually a comment on my previous attempts... But even when I explained what I wanted to do, they couldn't see it ^^;

      Löschen
  4. I love it! Looks exactly like a pool! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you~ I'm so happy that so many of you seem to recognize what I wanted to do~

      Löschen
  5. *gasps* This is STUNNING!!! :D

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...