Samstag, 21. April 2012

Spring Challenge 5: A Rainbow after the Rain

...fail... lol

Hm, I was thinking about what to do for the rainbow theme and some polishes or techniques I hadn't used yet. I had done some gradient sponging already, so that was out. I didn't feel like painting rainbows either. Then I remembered the striping tape I bought a while ago... still unused. I had enough colors to do a rainbow, so I went with that.

First of all, I painted three layers of essie Marshmallow as my base. It took forever to dry as always. Then, I cut my striping tape and applied it. After cutting the edges, I applied 2 coats of essence BTGN Top Sealer to smooth everything out. It is pretty smooth actually. So far, so good. Since I did this late at night, I was quite tired and decided to go to sleep and take pictures the next morning. That was my mistake.

When I woke up, I had to find out that my topcoat had melted the colors of the striping tape, leaving silver tape with a hint of color around the edges. All that was left from the quite bold colors of the original rainbow was a pastel rainbow. For some reason, the topcoat had also heavily bubbled on top of the striping tape. :( The original colors were violet, dark blue, green, yellow, red...


I'll try again with some other top coat, but if it's happening again, I'll probably have the throw it away, or use if for tape manis only. Did anyone else experience something similar?

Here are the links to the other wonderful ladies participating in the Spring Challenge:

Amanda from Mandy's Polish
Heidi from DIY Polish & More!
Katee from A Girl and Her Polish 
Charlotte from Charlotte's Nails
Tess from Football and Fingernails
Karine at Karinea0a
Victoria from Manicurator
Ashley from One Nail To Another
Dani from Rustic Comfort
Sue from Creative Nail Design by Sue
Amanda from Counting Down to Bliss
Hannah from Polished Prisms
Sarah from All This Polish
April from Munia's Nails
Sharra from The Blahg
Jess from Nearly Natural Nails

9 Kommentare:

  1. Ich finds schön :)
    yoooungandfree.blogspot.de

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. So sorry to hear about the color change but I really like your use of tape to achieve a rainbow! Very creative! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This was one of the ideas I was thinking of doing for my rainbows :) Melted or not, still looks very pretty!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks! Last night, I pulled one of the stripes of because it was sticking out. The color is underneath the tape now...

      Löschen
  4. Sieht wirklich toll aus, die Geduld will ich auch haben ;D

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Well, if you think about it another way, it is like the colour has been washed out, so it is literally a rainbow washed out after rain! So you just interpreted it differently :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I hadn't thought about it that way. I just thought maybe it looks like a rainbow shortly before fading. But I really like your interpretation! Thanks!

      Löschen
  6. Schaut klasse aus, mit den bunten Streifen, nur schade das der TopCoat die Farben so versaut hat :(..

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...